Oil and Gas offshore elevators
Since Alimak Hek’s offshore elevators first entered the oil & gas market in 1974, over 1,000 elevators have been delivered to the industry. Three factors drive this success:
1. Broad offering of vertical access solutions to the offshore industry
With the acquisition of Heis-Tek in 2014, Alimak Hek today offers a broad product portfolio of both rack-and-pinion and traction elevators to the offshore industry.
- The Rack and Pinion drive principle has unique characteristics, because of the ruggedness and dependability that it brings to the elevators.
- Our Traction elevators is the convenient alternative giving superior ride comfort in living quarters but also outdoor elevators complete with water tight elevator shaft.
2. Unique capacity to handle special products or projects
Our capacity and experience in providing the technical and administrative support necessary to meet the stringent demands of the offshore industry, including explosion protected requirements.
3. Outstanding offshore support services – all over the world
Alimak and Heis-Tek elevators are provided through a worldwide network of Alimak Hek sales companies and distributors. Local service and support is provided in more than 60 countries around the world. This means easy access to support, spare parts and skilled service technicians.
Flexible for any type of vertical transport service within the offshore oil & gas industry
Offshore platforms and vessels are tough places for any piece of machinery to operate in, and the elevator is no exception. Our elevators operate at peak performance within offshore environments. We have a working solution for any vertical access requirement offshore.
Semi-submersible rigs, jackup rigs, drillships and offshore vessels are typical applications but our elevators are also used on fixed platforms, Swamp barges, gravity-based structures, FPSOs and TLPs around the world. Elevator capacities may vary depending on the size and weight of the goods to be transported – ranging from maintenace personnel only to heavy replacement parts and 10 foot containers.
The elevators are primarily installed on derricks, in hull columns, living quarters, utility areas and outside platform modules.
Alimak Hek also supports in the Construction and maintenence of offshore and marine vessels with temporary vertical access solutions.
Contact person: Mr. Pepe Olguin